Sunday, March 7, 2010


Lets' see The Oscars.
Out of the 10 films nominated.
It is ten isn't it? It used to be 5 but they have made it ten this year.
Out of the 10 films nominted I have seen one.
Yup.One.
Inglorious Basterds...and it took two tries to do it.
A lot of violence. Blood, torture and "stuff".
It was Nazi Germany after all. I couldn't finish the film the first time. I let it rest and finished it a few days later. I'm glad I did- although the violence is pretty hard to take.
The ending....
No, I won't ruin it.
The endimg was interesting. I'll leave it at that.

I wonder if any of the Canuks nominated will give a nod back home.
Probably not because in America one has to do what the Americans do and that's snub Canada.
I will be looking for a little snippet of red in a sea of fashion.

IN OTHER NEWS

Swisssh Radio is officially 3 years old today. Swisssh went "live" over the Internet three years ago.
A shaky start but a good finish- eventually.
New computers along the way.
A LAN line. I was working off a wireless router but after a year and a bit I ran a LAN line and poof!
Things were stable after that.
We get around 4000 hours tuned a month. That would translate into several hundred people listening each week- if not more. A few Net Stations have come and gone but here at Swisssh Rdaio we are hanging tight.
We're waiting for the first million to come rolling in.

Environment Canada is telling us not to get too smug about the "spring-like" conditions.
They tell us- " There's more winter to come".
Damnit!

Who was that guy hosting SNL last night? I don't think I have ever seen him. The name didn't even ring a bell. He must be in a movie that's popular right now. I can't even remmeber his name to Google him.
Guess I could go to the SNL website.

That's it for today. Have a sunny one!