Friday, February 19, 2010

As the squirrels eat and romp outside the window next to me, I take great glee in saying the sun is shining and the temp is to be at 5 degrees by Sunday.
Lovely.
Hmmm. Funny. The song "Summertime" just started to play on Swisssh Radio.
It's a sign!

Had a great evening last night. Heather Thompson (from Ez Rock, Lite FM and Jack FM) came over tonight to so some "stuff" in the Swisssh Radio Studio. We have done "stuf" before but it brings back memories of the good old terrestrial radio days. (good??) Especially getting up at half-past-kiss-my-ass to be on-air for 5:30. Heather and I would not even attempt to "grunt" at each other over the airwaves until after the 6AM news. It was fun but I hated getting up. I don't know how she did it all those years.

We recorded a new programme called "Heartbeat". Now, if you were a fan of Orillia's EZ Rock you would remember the programme called "Heartbeat". It was 2 or 3 minutes long and Heather would record it daily. Local tid bits and news that was too long and involved for fast-paced newscasts. So, I thought it would be nice to revive the show on Swisssh Radio. The Heartbeat show will run at various times throughout the day.
I hope you'll tune in and enjoy the shows.

IN OTHER NEWS

There's a new "imbedded" player on the Swisssh Radio Page at http://www.swisssh.ca/
You don't need to click on one of the players or download one if you don't have the Windows Media Player, RealPlayer or WinAmp.
Just click on the player below the little brown radio and Swisssh logo- and it plays!
Just remember is you leave that page, the player will stop. So, If you want to read the rest of the Swisssh site you will need to open up another browser page and keep the page with the player "playing" in the task bar. Simple stuff.

LIGHTFOOT IS DEAD!
How rumours travel. Poor Gord. I don't know what I would do if I was driving along and heard the van radio say that I had expired. Although a few weeks back a friend- who I hadn't seen in a few weeks, told me that she had heard that I had a terrible disease and was not doing well- healthwise. A rumour- mistaken facts actually, that started with one person and escalated. We had lunch and she could see that I was healthy and just as gorgeous as ever!

I read where the Ice Castle at the Winter Carnival was mostly made of snow this year and not constructed of ice blocks. No wonder it looked like someone threw sewage all over the sides of it! Okay, settle down. It was all brown and looked yucky! They must have poughed a few streets and parking lots and used that snow to build the box. Well, come on now. It was a simple box. It was just a square with two slides and a couple of blue fabric banners.

That's it for today.
Have a sunny one!