Friday, February 4, 2011

ROBBLOG # 218 W E E K E N D Edition


Every once in a while I Google “Swisssh or Swisssh Radio” just to see where it falls in respect to search results.


Usually it’s the first ten results of a search. However, there is a new Internet Radio station in England that uses the same name.
Different spelling.
It’s Swish.

I am sure they have a much larger listening audience, since the Brits are miles ahead of us Canuks when it comes to listening to Internet Radio Stations. Remember, this is the same country that sent ships out to sea to “play” radio in the 1960’s when there was just the BBC, which only allotted an hour or two per week to Pop hits.
Radio Caroline was born.
That country is on the cutting edge- even though they can’t make hot toast and coffee refills in restaurants are not complimentary!

This upstart Brit station decided to use the name as well. I don’t know where it came from but it is appearing on searches for Swisssh even though the spelling is completely different.
Why do I mention this?
You can help me keep Swisssh Radio on the top for searches form Swisssh,simply by plopping Swisssh or Swisssh Radio into the Google search bar and hit “enter”. When you see a “Swisssh” result, just click on it to go to the website. That will keep Swisssh Radio at the top of the search.

Thanking you in advance for the Google thing.

That's me relaxing in Muskoka with Kiki

I also do random searches of my name- Rob Reid. I am nowhere near the top of the list of Google results that appear on my computer screen. There are many that bear the same name and consistently beat me to the top- at least as far as I can see, no one is saying anything "bad" about me.
Who are these imposters you may well ask.
Here are a few of them and what they are “famous” for.
Wat up wit dat?

Rob Reid- born in Toronto, Ontario on January 22, 1955, is a Victoria, British Columbia athlete, community activist and entrepreneur.


Rob Reid Ministries, a non-profit organization committed to promoting the liberating message of Jesus of Nazareth. Apparently, he has personally experienced the freeing power of the Gospel of Jesus.

Rob Reid, Founder of Frontrunners and recent Mayor candidate (2009) for Mayor of Victoria B.C.


Rob Reid was appointed Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer in May 2005 for Air Canada.


Rob Reid- the author- New Books in the Works.

Rob Reid (lawyer) practices in the areas of labour and employment.


Rob Reid, Senior Revenue Analyst at CBC.


Rob Reid is a singer/songwriter based out of Chicago.

Rob Reid, founder and chairman of Listen.com


Rob Reid, co-founded Mainspring Productions, a commercial, documentary and narrative-based film company, 2008.


Rob Reid: An assistant Scientist


Rob Reid Memorial site at www.rob-reid.com

So there you have it. A few of the “imposters” who have swiped my name and are actively seeking their own fortune and fame! I also did a search for “pics of Rob Reid”. My own “mug” actually came up a few times. That was surprizing!

Now it’s your turn. Be brave.
Type in your own name and see -
“wat up wit dat!”