Sunday, November 4, 2012

ROBBLOG # 458

 
And what to my wondering eyes should appear but a huge picture of Hank!
 
You see, I was driving past the Orillia Opera House a few days ago and I almost found myself “driving” on a Cloud. No, not the big cloud of eternity up there (he points), I mean the storefront opposite the Opera House. I pratically drove up onto the sidewalk outside that lovely shoe store.
 
I had just caught site of a banner- featuring Hank, that’s hanging on the front of the Opera House.
It was so big.
I mean really big!
So colourful.
I mean really, really colourful!
So- in your face.
So Hank!
 
 
 
I knew Hank was planning some kind of eye-catching advertising to promote his Holiday Showcase on December 7th and 8th, I just didn’t expect anything quite this spectacular!
I mean a photo of Hank- from the shoulders up, six feet tall!
It’s a little un-nerving to say the least.
 
The colourful banner was accompanied by another banner to its right featuring the show title and a Christmas Tree along with the words- Tickets on Sale Now.
 
Hank is quite the promoter.
He has to be. He and his cast are working hard on this Holiday Spectacular.
I should know.
I not only wrote the show, I am directing it as well.
There’s Dancing and Singing Nuns.
Mrs. Lillian Steeper- who is a little scary at the best of times, performing her best “talent”. Lord help us!
A Mother Reverend who is not your usual Mother Superior type- if there is a type.
You’ll find a Holiday newscast as well as a version of A Christmas Carol- Hankified of course. Hank plays the ….well, maybe should just buy a ticket and find out.
 
20 bucks for a single or get a gang together (10 or more) and save 5 bucks a ticket.
There are even some spectacular Holiday treats and beverages at intermission- all complimentary.
 
Take my advice here.
It’s free and all in the spirit of the Holidays:
 
Of course, like most holiday parties, you’ll enjoy the show a hundred percent more if you’re “liquored” up a bit.
I should know.
As I told you- I wrote the show.
The Opera House has a selection of “Adult Beverages” to help you go to your happy place and being the Holiday Season we all need to go there especially when there’s the not-so-happy prospect of spending some holiday time with family.
Egads!
Now, not too happy that you’ll be asked to leave the theatre, just happy enough to put a smile on your face and a warm holiday glow in your heart.
 
You also have a chance to support Orillia’s Sharing Place Food Bank. Hank’s Show is asking you to purchase a voucher for a turkey- or at least part of a turkey, that will be turned into the real thing and given to the Sharing Place who’ll be happy to give it to a local family for their Christmas Dinner.
 
Finally, if you’re planning on sticking a twig of holly into someone’s heart this Christmas, this is not the show for you. Stay home and watch the “Walking Dead” on AMC.
 
So for a good time call: 705.326.8011 or go online to www.orilliaoperahouse.ca
 
You’ll be glad you did.
It’ll give you the opportunity to see Hank real close up!
All six feet of that marvellous mug of his- in full colour!