Friday, October 5, 2012

ROBBLOG # 451

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Here are some things I am Thankful for.
I am thankful for:
My health. Yes, I have some aches and pains but overall things are good.
My Tom. He is still my world and my rock after 27 and a half years.
I am grateful I still have my hair. (vanity- thy name is “me”)
My ability to be strong- most of the time, realizing that I have thoughts and opinions, just like everyone else on this planet. Oh… and Fuck ‘em- if they can’t take a joke.
The opportunities I have had in my life and continue to receive. Being able to do what I like- broadcasting, acting and writing.
Our family- our loving pets. Our 16 year old Lab- Kiki. Our Mini-schnauzer- Missy and orange tabbies- brothers Dickens and Doyle, as well as all the other “kids” who have passed on before. These pets are my family. All they ask for love and what they give is immeasurable.
Kiki at 16 years
My country. I would like to have the opportunity to live elsewhere. Somewhere warm especially- like Hawaii but it would not be permanent. I love the “True North Strong and Free”.
Friends. Although I can’t say I have a lot of good friends, I do have friends. In fact someone told me a few years ago that they don’t have any good friends- just aquaintences.  Life is easier that way. I agree.
Being Gay and being out these past 30+ years. I wasted too much time being closeted. Now, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love who I am and in the next plane of “being” I hope I am still Gay and when and if I decide to return to human form, I hope I am once again Gay. A “former” friend once asked why everything has to be Gay in my life. Why can’t I just be normal? Well, that’s because “normal” is no fun and neither was she so- “out damned spot!”
Being able to travel and see other countries and cultures. It has shown me that we are not alone on this earth. We share and we need to continue to share.
Understanding there is no God. That life is a wonderful, joyous journey and I am enjoying every moment. Okay, some moments more than others but still it is grand! I am a Humanist and I know right from wrong and I’ll bend over backwards to help a fellow human- if I can.
Memories. I have a lot of memories. I write about many of them here. Memories help me cling to former times when things may have seemed simpler. Memories help me get through and understand today’s trying moments. I only try to remember the good things about the past.
Being comfortable, with a roof over my head and nice "things" inside. There’s money in the bank. Gas in the tank and some extra change in my pocket for a large Tim Horton’s- with milk, every now and then.