Thursday, October 13, 2011

ROBBLOG #327 W E E K E N D Edition


It's time for another visit with Dame Clare Voyant at the Palais Royal...just on the outskirts of town. The Dame sends me a "diary blog" of life at the Palais from time to time and I am more than happy to print her words here- on my Blog.
Enjoy!

Palace Promolgations

Well my Dear Sweet Darlings can you believe we are looking at the end of October in a week or so and staring straight into the face of November. Oh, but November can be a sad month. I try to stay positive but it really can be My Dears. I mean that.
I really do.

The lovely Maple Trees surrounding the Palais Royale- just on the outskirts of town, are dropping leaves fast than Ashton Kucher is dropping his pants. They are about to sleep until springtime. It’s during the coming month and the dreadful winter that follows, that I appreciate all the greenery my pine and spruce trees offer as they nestle against the Palais wall and along the front laneway to the electronic front gate. Yes Dears, your Dame has an electronic gate-with a keypad no less. Well, a girl can’t be too careful living alone on the outskirts of town.
Well, can she?

Of course, I am not really alone in the true sense of the word. The Palais staff shuffle here and there cleaning and cooking and attending to my every need. My Head Poolboy Roger and his lovely husband Xavier are always about the Palais or the grounds. Of course, more often than not, they can be found around the indoor pool these days. My Dears the indoor pool at the Palais makes you feel like you are in the South Pacific. It really does. There are palms, real sand to walk barefoot through and gorgeous turquoise blue water. Yes Darling I am spoiled.
I really am.
I must say that My Dears.

Oh please don’t judge me.
It’s just the life of a Dame. I am sure you would do no less if you were living my charmed life-but you aren’t Darlings, so you must live with that in whatever way you “little” people do.
I mean that with all the love in my big “Royal” heart-
I really do.

There is one aspect of late October and “naughty” November that I absolutely love My Dears and that is the planning we do here at the Palais Royale for the Holiday Season. The Bay at Yonge and Queen in Downtown Toronto may be all ready for the season of Joy a little early this year but my Dears, it’s never too early to plan ahead. Why, the Staff and I gatherer in the South Parlour and make monumental decisions regarding Holidat Time. Like like-how many trees are we decorating this year-both inside and outdoors. We try to decorate the gate using a different theme each Christmas season. Yes, My Dears, the gate with the keypad. Rudy the Palais Chauffeur and My Handyman Harry tackle the gate decorating each year and I must say they do a fabulous job.
They really do.
I must say that My Dears.
I really must give credit where credit is due.

Oh, my best friend Hedda and her Private Secretary- Sofonda Cox, will toddle on over to the Palais too. They both have been a part of Holiday Celebrations for years. We’ll have a hot toddy or two and some gorgeous pasteries that Cook whips up. Doris my upstairs maid always brings along pages she has sliced from Décor Magazines to offer some very helpful Holiday decorating ideas.

Of course My Dears what would I do without the valuable input of Roger and Xavier. The “Gays” are always so helpful-especially during the holiday season. One can always tell when the holidays are nigh because Roger begins to don his little red Speedos. The ones with the little sequined Christmas Trees embroidered on the front. I say “little” my Dears because the size of Roger’s suit just doesn’t allow for an entire forest-if you get my pine scent My Dears.

Anyways, I’ll let you know how things turn out. We best get “jingling”. I mean the Santa Claus Parade is late on the November horizon and I am sure the Baptists will be asking me to “play” Mary on their Nativity Float again this year!

Oh My Dears. Sometimes you are too easy. Your Dameness was only kidding. Imagine, me playing a virgin on a Baptist float!
Well, one has to giggle about that- doesn’t one?
Not on your life Darlings or the next one either.

I must run Dears. I promised Xavier I would read the next two chapters he has written for his new novella he hope to publish in 2012. It’s a bit spicy at times but there’s nothing wrong with a gal curling her toes now and then is there?

I ask you?
Tah for Now.
Her Damness and Me at an Outdoor Event near the Palais