Friday, March 23, 2018

ROBBLOG #709- Seven is my Lucky Number


There once were a couple of boys.
Men actually...

Who decided to uproot and move away from everything they knew, loved and felt comfortable with.
They packed pets, pots, pans and paraphernalia and moved a long way away. So far away in fact, they found themselves living on an Island in The Pacific just off the west coast of Canada.

How romantic.
How different. Gas is $1.37!
Island life is slower.
The air is warmer. Winters milder and the ocean air adds a couple of years to your life.

These boys- now men, made the trip, settled down and grew new roots.
They are both very happy to say that today- Friday March 23, 2018 marks the 7th completed month of life here on Vancouver Island.

Of course, you have guessed by now that the men are The Mister and me.
I am not going to bore you with a repeat of everything I have told you on this Blog the past seven months.

What I want to tell you is that anything is possible if you want it bad enough.
Change is never easy but then staying stagnant isn't either.
I think we all get to a point where we just feel comfortable and we feel we have already changed enough. Just maintain the status quo day after day, month after month, year after year.
Don't ruffle feathers.
Don't do something unexpected.
I say- Poppycock!
Banana Oil!
Fuckety- whuckety, fuck, fuck that!


We walk a lot on our Island PHOTO CREDIT: Tina
Even I thought I was getting too old to change. I told friends and family that they'd have to carry me out of "Pine Tree House"- our old home in Central Ontario, in a "pine" box!
Yet, here we are seven months later completing seven months of a huge change.
I look at those words "seven months" and can hardly believe it myself.

If you are contemplating change and just maybe you are at this time of the year being a winter-weary Ontarian (or Easterner), I want to tell you that you can do it!

Yes, you will leave friends and family behind.
Yes you have to have stamina and nerve and some cash.
Yes, you have to look to the future and bury the past for the past is just that- The Past!
Time is fleeting.

There are three Ontario Couples living in this new development besides us. A couple from Woodstock- formerly Barrie and another from Burlington- formerly King City not far south of our old home in Orillia.
Others are from Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria. One half of one couple is from the south- Mr. Cheezeface country. I don't know if he is still a Yank or not but he's quite funny and friendly.

It might be something to think about.
No pressure.
It's just the first step of many in the "rest of your life"!