Thursday, December 31, 2015

ROBBLOG #592

 
I never make resolutions. They're so 60's.
 
I do try to tweak myself a bit as I move throughout a new year but by the time a new year turns into an old year, I would hazard a guess that I am right back where I started from a year ago.
What do I hope for in the future? 
I hope for peace in this world.
Who doesn't?
 
I would hope to win a few million dollars.
Who doesn't.
 
One thing that is certain- this new year and the state of our world offers no guarantees.
Next time I am in Paris, it will be hard not to keep looking behind me and at the faces that pass by me as I walk along the Champs d' Elysee.
 
I would like to keep my health right where it is thank you very much. I would like to continue Bike Riding, Walking, Eating, and enjoying life as I do now- even though it appears I will be turning 65 this July and no, I don't know how that happened!!
One day I am 56 and wham, the next I am in my 65th year.
 
I have been technically retired for a few years and poorer for it. Thank goodness my husband is still working and brings home the doe ray mei to keep us flush with funds- for now.
 
For now?
Well, I am hoping he will retire- maybe this year. Then we can plan our futures through to our last breath on earth.
Fuck that sounds depressing but it's coming sooner rather than later. By that I mean I don't believe I'll be living for another 65 years unless scientists develop a new pill that lets us live as long as Moses and Methuselah.
 
 
Methuselah's wife's name was "Edna".
I am surprized he lived that long. He had a couple of kids and four grandchildren. Seems like he lived a regular life.
Didn't both he and Moses live to be 900, 1000 years old?
Mind you, they didn't have the annual milk calendar pinned to the office wall in their humble houses.
Maybe their years were only 2 months along. That would certainly account for their  reported longevity.
It couldn't have been their health care system. It was non-existent.
 
So here I am along for the ride just like the rest of you. I'm living through the year hoping for the best that life can bring and trying to remember that the last Thursday of the month is Senior's Day at Global Pet Foods and the week before at Rexall.
 
Some of us win at the game of LIFE.
Some of us lose.
 
We all try hard.