Teacher (Miss Symposium) : Class! Class! CLASS!!!!!!
Teacher: Today class, I want you to write a theme...
Class: Oh, no. Not a theme... ~mumble, grumble~
Teacher: Yes, you little pile of dried up turds- a theme!
Billy: Miss Symposium, I don't think you can call us "turds".
Teacher: Fine! Little shits then...
Teacher: As I was saying, today you will write a theme. The topic of the theme is-
"What I did on my Summer Vacation!"
~time passes~ Little Robbie passes in his theme.
1. I read Lucy Maud Montgomery's second Anne Book "Anne of Avonlea". It was most enjoyable and since I have never been to PEI it was like taking a little vacation. I am also thinking of dying my hair red and growing pig-tails.
2. The Mister and I saw Jersey Boys at the Royal Theatre in Victoria. Not as big a show cast-wise and set-wise as we saw in Toronto a few years ago but still it was entertaining and a summer evening in the big city.
3. Up Island in July we saw Mama Mia! in Chemainus. A small stage and big cast and for two hours of Abba music- entertaining, although not as massive as the Toronto Show we saw a few years ago.
I hear you- must everything be compared to Toronto?
4. The Mister and I settled in for 4 hours of Shakespeare at the 39 Days of July. The offerings were Measure for Measure and Much Ado About Nothing. The latter the review for the former which my husband appeared in back at the Orillia Opera House in old home.
I hear you- there isn't 39 days in July Rob.
"Shut up!"- is my retort.
On the Island there is...
I can dream...
6.There was a huge Birthday celebration for the Mister who turned 65 in August. We partied hardy at the Arbutus Cafe. Okay, for two hours in the early evening of a Friday but whaaddahyawant? We are Seniors. At least he gets on BC Ferries for free now- Monday through Thursday. Old Age has its good points.
|There's History Through that Door|
|Victorian in Victoria|
And that would be rude.
Have some class, eh?
9. We had other guests over the summer. I am protecting their privacy. They all want to move to our Island in the Pacific and no we did not encourage them. My Cousin back in old home thinks I want everyone from back in old home to move out here to new home.
I don't have to say anything.
By the way, his son is moving out here next month...
This little Island of 800,000 folk sells itself to all who come.
10. We took the ferry from Departure Bay one Wednesday Morning in July to sail to Horseshoe Bay on the Mainland just up the coast from Vancouver. Our friend Bev (not her real name) came along for the sailing. Once there on the mainland of British Columbia, we met up with our friends Karl-Heinz and Jimmy May (I didn't ask if I could use their real names so again, I made them up). We lunched at a fish and chip spot called Trolls which The Mister and I hadn't been to in 30 years.
Horseshoe Bay has changed.
There you have it Miss Symposium, that is what little Robbie did on his summer vacation.
I expect an A+.