Saturday, December 18, 2021

ROBBLOG #1000- Enough now...

 


"Eight is a lot of legs, David!"
That's one of my favourite lines from the Holiday movie- "Love, Actually"

and
1000 is a lot of RobBlogs, everybody.
That being said, I believe this is the last one.
The final RobBlog.
~tears~
I think I wrote the first in 2006- maybe 2004. I had thought of stopping at #500 but I continued.

It's a lot, David.
In fact turning 70 last summer seems to have me thinking it's time to let go of a few things- like extra Christmas ornaments or shirts and sweaters I hardly every wear. Then there's online radio stations like Swisssh and Starlite.
Swisssh will be on the internet 15 years on March 7th.
Starlite began on New Years Eve  2011, so that makes it a decade.
I have two Facebook Pages for the stations and a twitter account. They'll all close along with the Swisssh Website- which has been around a little longer.
This is a tough decision to pull the plug on the stations and I haven't made it for certain- yet I am getting there.  
Podcast seem to be the thing now and I have no interest in those.
Maybe I'll wait until March 7th.
Maybe not.


I am not giving up all media.
I recently started a You Tube Channel. 
I have the studio lights, a laptop and a tablet- for the videos and some nice viewing numbers already.
You can see it on YouTube by searching "Rob Reid Star" in the search box.
Subscribe if you will by clicking on the "Subscribe" button. It just lets you know when I've posted something new.

Now- Christmas.
Over the years I have written a seasonal greeting for the Holidays wishing one and all the best of the season. I'm not going to do that this year but I will say Merry Christmas, Happy Yuletide and all the best in the year ahead.
I hope this covid thing says tah tah in 2022 but I doubt it.
Is it the end of the world?
No, just a different world.
Forest fires, floods, cold, heat and covid.
What a mess!

So, my friends and readers, I bid you all adieu from this RobBlog site on blogspot.
Thanks for reading over the years.
I appreciate that so very much.

It's always hard to say goodbye and I absolutely hate goodbyes but there comes a time...